This week is Holy Week and a very special week for our Catholic communities. Holy Week is the last seven days of Lent. It begins with Palm Sunday and ends with Easter Sunday. Today on Palm Sunday, we celebrate the first joy of the season, as we celebrate Our Lord’s triumphant entrance into Jerusalem where he was welcomed by crowds worshiping him and laying down palm leaves before him. To commemorate this very special week, our Intermediate students will be re-enacting the Stations of the Cross on Wednesday at 9:00 am. Holy Thursday commemorates Jesus’ Last Supper, in which He instituted the sacraments of the Eucharist and holy orders. As a school we will be breaking and sharing bread at 12:30 pm. Everyone is welcome so please join us!
Other things happening this week….
- Monday, April 15th: Our Kindergarten classes will be visiting the Journey to Space Exhibit at the Waterloo Region Museum.
- Tuesday April 16th: Our Grade 8 students will be heading over to Guelph Galaxy Cinemas for the Youth Symposium. The Youth Symposium program brings together 14 powerful presentations from some of the best speakers in the country, covering a wide range of topics that have a long-lasting, positive impact on the students!
- There will be an important meeting for all Grade 8 Parents on Tuesday at 6:00pm. This meeting is for parents only (no students!) and at least one parent must attend this meeting.
- Wednesday April 17th: Stations of the Cross at 9:00 am
- Thursday April 18th: Breaking of Bread celebration at 12:30 pm in the gym
- Science Workshop (at CTK) for Grade 7s in the morning. The Grade 7s will be examining Pollution Solutions and looking at ways to solve problems created by water pollution.