Christ the King School
Bobcat News for April 2018
- Monday, April 2-Easter Monday NO SCHOOL
- Wednesday, April 4- Grade 3 Shades Mill from 9 am -1:30pm
- Thursday, April 5- Room 1 Kindergarten trip to Ripley’s Aquarium 9 am -3pm
- Tuesday, April 10- First Reconciliation Parent Information meeting 7 pm at St. Patricks Parish
- Wednesday, April 11- Grade 6 Sustainable Cities Workshop
- Thursday, April 12- Virtue Assembly 10 am
- Friday, April 13-Professional Activity Day No School for students
- Tuesday, April 17- Grade 8’s Symposium Trip to Galaxy Cinemas in Guelph 8:30 am -2:45 pm
- Tuesday, April 17- Grade 2 visit from the Rosary Makers at 1:00 pm
- Saturday, April 21-First Reconciliation 11 am St. Patricks Parish
- April 23-25- CCAT Grade 4 Testing
- April 30- May 2-CAT-4 Grade 7 Testing
*Check out our school calendar for all upcoming events and important dates in advance these are updated on a regular basis. Please visit Christ the king school website then click on the calendar at the bottom of the website page. https://christtheking.wcdsb.ca/calendar/
- Just a reminder that every Tuesday is our Lunch Box orders. Please visit www.lunchboxorders.com if you wish to purchase a hot lunch for your child. We have 3 different vendors each week from East Side Mario, Pita Pit and Quesada.
- If parents are interested; please sign up at the website above and register all orders are in by noon on Sunday.
**(Lunch box order sends out an email reminder every Sunday all orders must be placed before noon).
- Every Thursday is Pizza Day! $1.00/slice. Go to https://wcdsb.schoolcashonline.com
Pay one month in advance for pizza days.
Pay School Fees online FAST. EASY. SECURE
SAVE THE DATE
Kindergarten Orientation Night!
Please join us on:
Date: Tuesday, May 8, 2018
Time: 6:00pm – 7:00pm
All new registered Kindergarten students and Parents are invited to come out and learn more about the Kindergarten program and bring home a Welcome Bag for your child filled with lots of learning essentials! If you know of any families who have not registered yet for Kindergarten and are planning to attend Christ the King School in September 2018!
please have them contact the school to register 519-621-6680.
On Monday May 7th, CTK’s first ever Family Math Night is happening!
Where: CTK gymnasium
Jump2Math will be hosting this event for us. They will bring in cool interactive and HUGE math games for all the family to have some fun!
Hope to see you there!
SAFE SCHOOL ARRIVE PROGRAM AND LATES:
A reminder that school starts at 8:30am students are asked to arrive a few minutes before the bell and stay on the school yard till the bell rings. There are supervisors outside at 8:15am only not any earlier. Students need to be in line outside when the bell rings in the morning or they are considered late. Parents if your child is going to be late due to appointment or etc. please call the office 519-621-6680 to let the school know.
It is very important that if your child is ill, has a medical appointment or will be late for any reason, that you contact the school with the necessary information: Full name and grade, room number, teacher and reason your child(ren) will be away.
Our school answering machine is in service 24 hours a day. Please note that we must receive a call from a parent/guardian or caregiver.
Fit Bit April 2018- From Seed to Table!
Gardening is a fun, hands-on activity that teaches children where food comes from and is a great family activity. Growing food can help foster healthy eating habits and attitudes as children are often willing to eat fresh vegetables and fruit that they have grown.
Include children in all stages of the gardening process. They can plant the seeds, water and feed the plant, pick the produce, and help to prepare a meal.
Growing a Cherry Tomato Plant
- A package of cherry tomato seeds
- A small pot, seed tray, clean yogurt container, egg shell, or newspaper folded into a container shape
- A spoon or small hand-held shovel
- Seed starting soil
- An outdoor pot
- Start planting in April, unless the seed package says to start at a different time.
- Fill the pot with the seed starting soil and level out the top.
- Place the seed on top and cover with a small layer of soil. Water the seed.
- Place in a warm and sunny place.
- As the plant grows, remember to water and use fertilizer. (Read the directions on the seed bottle or box for frequency and guidance.)
- Transfer the seedling into an outdoor pot and place it outside after the last frost (June). For the first few days outdoors, keep the plant in a shadier spot away from the wind.
Caprese Salad Skewers
Makes 15-20 skewers
- 15-30 cherry tomatoes picked from plant
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 1 container reduced-fat bocconcini mozzarella cheese (20% M.F.)
- Balsamic vinegar
- 1 package of small skewers
Place one cherry tomato, bocconcini and basil leaf onto a skewer.
Once all skewers are complete, place on a plate and lightly drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Literacy and Numeracy Programs offered to all Gr 1 to 6 students in our community!
Summer Boost: July 2-20, 2018
Mon. to Fri. 8:30am – 12:30
Open to students enrolled in Grade 1 to 6 as of September 2018
Register Today and Experience the Difference Summer Boost Makes!
Want to see your child improve his/her math, reading, writing and problem-solving skills and be READY for next year? Through our Summer Boost program teachers and students will experience three fun-filled weeks of learning and growing together. The goal of Summer Boost is to provide an exciting educational program aimed at improving the numeracy and literacy skills of our students.
- Experience a faith-based learning experience through prayer, meditation and integration of gospel values;
- Engage in fun literacy/numeracy activities at school and home with family members as part of the Home Numeracy/Literacy Program;
- Have a variety of opportunities for hands on learning through Scientists in Schools, Aboriginal guest speakers, robotics, coding and outside play;
- Be served healthy Nutrition for Learning snacks daily and will be engaged in regular physical activity that emphasizes teamwork, skills and sportsmanship;
- Receive an integrated arts education as cooperative activities will be designed each week to promote creativity and critical thinking as expressed through music, drama and visual arts;
- Access technology including chromebooks and ipads;
- Make new friends and develop a belief in themselves as learners through the power of perseverance.
Summer Boost is FREE and registration is required.
Kitchener – St. John, Monsignor Haller, St. Dominic
Waterloo – Our Lady of Lourdes, St. Agnes
Cambridge – Holy Spirit, Christ the King
ONLINE Registration has already opened on March 19th on Board website (wcdsb.ca)
For more information contact: