Bobcat News for June 2018
- Friday, June 1-Professional Activity Day-No School
- Saturday, June 2- First Communion St. Patricks Parish 2pm
- Monday, June 4-All library books due
- Wednesday, June 6- Grade 2/3 Clemens Mill Library 9-12:55
- Friday, June 8-Jump rope for heart -all envelopes due
- Monday, June 11- Office helper’s celebration 11:15 am
- Wednesday, June 13-15-Grade 8’s to Mount Mary Retreat
- Thursday, June 14-Play Day Jk-Gr 5 Run by Gr 6
- Friday, June 15-Early Years year end trip Churchill Park 9-2:15 pm
- Monday, June 18- Father’s Day Celebration in the gym 7:30 -8:30am
- CTK Cup of Soccer Tournament June 18-22
- Wednesday, June 20-Junior School Trip to Riverside Park
- Friday, June 22-Hat Day
- Monday, June 25-Grade 8 Graduation at St. Benedict’s School 6pm
- Tuesday, June 26-Report cards sent home
- Wednesday, June 27-Mission Day fun at CTK!
- Friday, June 29-Last day of school dismissal 3 pm!
Please note change of date:
If you have received the Dads Celebration Letter there is a correction to the date my apologizes but the date should read Monday, June 18th same time; not June 15th as the Grade 8 students will be attending there Mount Mary Retreat. These letters would have gone home yesterday. Thank you
- Just a reminder that every Tuesday is our Lunch Box orders. Please visit www.lunchboxorders.com if you wish to purchase a hot lunch for your child. We have 3 different vendors each week from East Side Mario, Pita Pit and Quesada.
- If parents are interested; please sign up at the website above and register all orders are in by noon on Sunday.
- Every Thursday is Pizza Day! $1.00/slice. Go to https://wcdsb.schoolcashonline.com
Pay one month in advance for pizza days.
Pay School Fees online FAST. EASY. SECURE
WHEELS AT SCHOOL
Please note some simple rules for students bringing bikes AND other riding equipment to school.
- When on school property students must walk with their bikes/equipment to the appropriate location
- All students MUST wear helmets when riding to school
- Please do not ride your bikes, scooters, skateboards, and roller blades on school property these items must be used off school property!
- All bikes should be kept locked up safely in a secure manner
- Scooters are allowed but scooters must be kept on students hook/cabby area
A reminder that school starts at 8:30am students are asked to arrive a few minutes before the bell and stay on the school yard till the bell rings. There are supervisors outside at 8:15am only not any earlier. Students need to be in line outside when the bell rings in the morning or they are considered late. Parents if your child is going to be late due to appointment or etc. please call the office 519-621-6680 to let the school know.
SAFE SCHOOL ARRIVAL -ATTENDANCE
It is very important that if your child is ill, has a medical appointment or will be late for any reason, that you contact the school with the necessary information: Full name and grade, room number, teacher and reason your child(ren) will be away.
Our school answering machine is in service 24 hours a day. Please note that we must receive a call from a parent/guardian or caregiver. Please call the school office at 519-621-6680
CHRIST THE KING DRESS CODE:
The main purpose of a school dress code is to assist staff, students, and parents to create a safer and more respectful learning environment. Staff and students will support the dress code by dressing in a manner which demonstrates respect for oneself, others and the Christian values of our school. The following dress code guidelines must be adhered to (including school excursions):
- Tops must be modest, and overlap the pants.
- Hemmed shorts, walking shorts, skirts, and dresses must be mid-thigh or longer in length.
- Only clothing with positive messages and pictures are permitted.
- Tight fitting clothing and pajama tops and bottoms are not acceptable.
- Hats and headwear are not to be worn inside the school, however, we do encourage their use when outside.
- All clothing and symbols associated with youth gangs are prohibited. This includes headbands, bandanas, and kerchiefs.
- Outdoor wear (that is, boots, coats, etc.) is not to be worn in the classroom.
- Two pairs of shoes (indoor running shoes and general outdoor shoes) are necessary at all times. For safety reasons, please do not wear sandals or crocs during play periods.
- Kindergarten students must wear running shoes or shoes that cover the entire foot when playing on our creative playground structure.
Students not adhering to the dress code will be asked to co-operate, make suitable changes and/or be sent home. Staff will make every effort to respect the dignity of each child when dealing with related concerns. Parents are also reminded to apply the appropriate level of sunscreen protection to suit the weather conditions, recognizing that students will be out of doors for approximately one hour during the day for lunch and recess periods.
THANK YOU FOR PARTNERING WITH THE SCHOOL IN ENSURING THAT YOUR CHILD IS DRESSED ACCORDING TO THE DRESS CODE EACH DAY!
Are you moving? Or have you updated your personal information?
Whenever you move, change phone numbers or contacts please remember to call the school at 519-621-6680 to update your information.
LOST AND FOUND ITEMS
Lost and found items have been laid out in the hallway outside of the gym for the next few weeks. Classes will have the opportunity to view and claim lost items. Parents are encouraged to come in and view these items as well please check in at the office first. Any items left over will be donated to a clothing drive. Don’t forget to check the office if you have lost any jewelry, keys or smaller items!
GRADE 8 GRADUATION
Congratulations to our students of the 2017-18 graduating class! Our graduates and their families will celebrate on Monday, June 25th at 6:00PM at St. Benedict’s Catholic Secondary School. Best wishes are extended to our graduates as they continue their studies at High School. Good luck & God Bless!!
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own and you know what you know. You are the person who will decide where to go!!” Oh The Places You Will Go!!
God Bless our Grade 2’s
The Grade 2’s have been very busy preparing for their First Communion celebration that will be held on Saturday, June 2nd at 2:00pm at St. Patrick’s Parish. Parents please arrive early to meet in their church hall for class communion photo and individual photos. Thank you to Deacon Terry, Fr. Foote, Ms. Taillon and Mrs. Gaetan for all your support and assistance with the Grade 2’s. Also, many thanks to the parents for all your work and support. God Bless.
Library Books due by June 4th!
All library books are due back to the library by Monday June 4th. Please help your children search for any missing library books, and get them back to the library so Ms. Lawrence can do a library inventory. Thank you
SECOND TERM REPORTS
Report Cards for the 2nd term will be sent home on Tuesday, June 26th. Parents are asked to please ensure they sign and return the Signature page of the report card to their child’s teacher by Wednesday, June 27th so they can be filed appropriately in the student’s school record. Thank you
Have a fun and safe summer vacation!
First Day back to school is Tuesday, September 4th at 8:30 am Please go to the gymnasium when the morning bell goes.