Bobcat Weekly Update – September 13-17
“I Can & I Will”
- Monday 13-All FDK students are in the building!!
- Tuesday 14- Happy Tuesday! Make sure you have completed the online forms
- Wednesday 15- Please wear blue, yellow or Bobcat spirit wear!! Opening Assembly & Introduction of the Umbrella Skill for September- Authenticity We welcome our new Superintendent Mrs Annalisa Varano for a visit!.
- Thursday 16- Classwide Expectation Sharing
- Friday 17-Classwide Expectation Sharing
Our Catholic Faith Community:
We will be learning about our Umbrella Skills again this year. For September, our students will be learning the importance of Authenticity in promoting well being.
WHAT IS AUTHENTICITY?
- Authenticity is the quality of being genuine or real and representing your true self instead of what you think others want you to be. It is about staying true to your beliefs, being trustworthy, truthful, and ensuring that your actions match your words and values.
WHY DOES AUTHENTICITY MATTER? HOW DOES IT HELP US?
- Authenticity is our ability to be our genuine selves, staying true to our values and beliefs, while still adapting to the world around us. Authenticity comes from having actions that match the words we say and not trying to be someone else to impress others. Authenticity helps us to feel confident in ourselves and it improves others’ ability to trust us, a characteristic highly valued in leaders. It also helps us create strong friendships and is a very important part of well-being.
RESEARCH-BASED OUTCOMES OF AUTHENTICITY
- Improves self-respect and self-esteem
- Increases your comfort in sharing your true thoughts and beliefs
- Authenticity improves emotional stability
- Genuine smiles (over polite smiles)improve our social interactions
- Improves our trustworthiness
- Improves overall wellbeing
- Helps us stand up for what we think is right, which reduces bullying
- Practicing what you preach
- Knowing what you can and cannot change
- Doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking
- Not worrying about what others think more than what you think
- Knowing your true feelings and having the courage to share them
- Questioning stereotypes
- Being your true self whether that means you are different or the same as others
- Standing up for what is right