Dear CTK Families,
In light of reported Covid cases on the rise, we want to reassure our school community that we continue to do all we can to keep our students and staff healthy and safe. We are following the protocols as outlined by WCDSB and Public Health.
As a school community, it is important that we continue to work together to minimize any risk factors. Here are a few reminders that parents/guardians can follow to help ensure safety:
- Child(ren) come to school with more than 1 mask
- Child(ren) come to school with a refillable water bottle
- Remind your child(ren) of physical distancing
- Ensure your child(ren) is properly dressed for the weather as we engage in as much outdoor learning as possible
- Please state a reason for your child(ren)’s absence when calling to inform the school of the absence. If your child(ren) has covid symptoms, please follow our ‘stay home’ protocols to avoid spreading the illness
- Ensure that you have a backup plan if your child becomes ill while at school for someone to come to the school to pick up your child
- As contact numbers change (home, office, cell, daycare), please call the school to update
Wearing of Masks Outside:
Some have asked if their child can wear a mask outside during recess. Families may wish to consider having their child(ren) wear a mask during such time. Please note that this is not the direction of Public Health as we have had no case of student to student transmission in the board so far. If you wish to have your child wear a mask outside, please let your child’s teacher know.
Additional Back up Items:
Please have your child(ren) keep additional items in a ziplock bag inside their school bag so to be easily exchanged if the original ones get wet and require changing:
- change of clothes.
Parent/Guardian Pick Up/Drop Off:
With the increase in positive cases within our region, we are asking that parents/guardians wear a mask and keep at a social distant. We do realize it is so great to converse with other families but are asking that the social time be on the sidewalk to avoid congestion on the field. When dropping off your child(ren), please continue to ring the front buzzer, acknowledge yourself and the office will come to the door to greet you.
If picking up your child(ren) at non-dismissal times, please ring the front buzzer, explain the reason and the office will have your child(ren) come to the front door. You will continue to sign the child(ren) out at the front door.
By continuing to work together to reinforce these simple safety measures, we can all help to contribute to a healthy, safe environment.
Your support and understanding are appreciated.
Staff of CTK