Thank you to our Grade 8 students who led the assembly for December’s Cognitive Flexibility. The grade 8s performed skils to demonstrate that there are different ways to look at situations and that at times in life, the unexpected does happen. Congratulations to those students who really worked hard and practicing cognitive flexibility! For January, our students will be learning the importance of Authenticity in promoting well being.
WHAT IS AUTHENTICITY?
Authenticity is the quality of being genuine or real and representing your true self instead of what you think others want you to be. It is about staying true to your beliefs, being trustworthy, truthful, and ensuring that your actions match your words and values.
WHY DOES AUTHENTICITY MATTER? HOW DOES IT HELP US?
Authenticity is our ability to be our genuine selves, staying true to our values and beliefs, while still adapting to the world around us. Authenticity comes from having actions that match the words we say and not trying to be someone else to impress others. Authenticity helps us to feel confident in ourselves and it improves others’ ability to trust us, a characteristic highly valued in leaders. It also helps us create strong friendships and is a very important part of
RESEARCH-BASED OUTCOMES OF AUTHENTICITY
1. Improves self-respect and self-esteem
2. Increases your comfort in sharing your true thoughts and beliefs
3. Authenticity improves emotional stability
4. Genuine smiles (over polite smiles)improve our social interactions
5. Improves our trustworthiness
6. Improves overall wellbeing
7. Helps us stand up for what we think is right, which reduces bullying